APAC remained Cielo’s fastest growing region in 2019. This year, we strengthened our infrastructure in the region and delivered great results for clients with our technology-enabled talent acquisition solutions.
”2019 built on our formidable success in 2018. We’re hugely proud of our achievements, our client partnerships and our people,” said Paul Daley, Senior Vice President – Asia Pacific. “Witnessing our significant growth, despite economic and political headwinds across Hong Kong and China has provided ongoing validation that our solutions and partnerships remain class leading. We look forward to carrying this momentum into 2020 and taking another significant step forward in the region.”
In 2019, Cielo welcomed new key clients in the heavy engineering, medical devices and retail industries. These partnerships consisted of RPO solutions across multiple countries in Asia, including significant efforts in China, Japan and India. For one medical devices client, our team increased referral hires in Japan to 50% and reduced agency dependence. Work for the retail industry included developing a talent pool of 1,500 candidates in three months in the competitive Vietnam, Cambodia and Indonesia markets. Our work with these clients further solidified the company’s reputation for RPO capability in APAC and earned significant recognition from the industry.
At Human Resource Magazine’s HR Vendors of The Year Awards, Cielo won Best RPO Provider awards in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia for 2019, the first time we have received this accolade across all three countries. We were recognized once again as a winner at the ASIA Recruitment Awards in April 2019. Also, industry analysts recognized Cielo’s superior service globally, with HRO Today ranking us number one in ‘Breadth of Service’ and number two in ‘Overall Enterprise RPO’ category. NelsonHall NEAT evaluation ranked Cielo top among its competitors as an innovator and leader in the market.
Additional highlights for Cielo’s APAC team in 2019 include:
- Achieved business growth significantly above the RPO industry average, whilst retaining 100% of our client partnerships
- Celebrated our second birthday in our Manila Delivery Centre. We now have over 200 recruiting professionals serving over 40 customers, 24 hours a day
- Further expanded Cielo Executive Search across the region
- Promoted and enabled career moves for more than 120 of our employees
- Achieved strong customer and employee satisfaction results. Our Net Promoter Scores advanced over 40% year on year for both groups
- Hosted in-person events in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore to bring together talent acquisition leaders in the region and foster innovation and best practice sharing
The outlook for 2020 in APAC is also positive for Cielo. The team set several goals for the year, including to continue delivering outstanding service and operational performance to our clients and to grow our partnerships through recommendation and referral. Overall, we want to inspire great talent to join and grow with Cielo on our exciting journey ahead!