One of the nation’s most successful consumer products companies has a large and geographically diverse hiring function, which handles recruitment for a range of corporate roles as well as high-volume hiring for the sales team, including approximately 30,000 candidates apply for 500 entry-level sales positions each year.
The Fortune 500 firm sought greater efficiency in pipelining top candidates, and the capability to provide a more consistent employer brand experience to all candidates, since every candidate is also a consumer and a potential influence on the purchasing decisions of others.
CREATING THE SOLUTION
Cielo implemented an end-to-end RPO solution to streamline the company’s recruiting process. Cielo’s dedicated recruitment team pipelines top talent by screening all candidates through a combination of phone and video interviews to determine qualifications, interest and availability.
Ongoing process improvement is a critical aspect of this partnership. Cielo has implemented strategies to address specific challenges:
- More highly targeted screening/interviews: Cielo developed a better screening mechanism to identify top talent before candidates are flown in for panel interviews. Using videos interviews, Cielo recruiters narrow the funnel more rapidly to send fewer, more qualified people and streamlined the regional panel interview process.
- Increasing the acceptance rate: The firm needed to entice desirable candidates to relocate to remote locations. Cielo launched a social media strategy to share the experiences of people who live and work in each territory. The strategy created a supportive community that helps individuals make the transition, and fosters long-term employee satisfaction and company loyalty.
- Optimizing exit interviews: By applying more extensive analytics during exit interviews, Cielo has identified trends and counseled its client on hiring and management process changes to drive better talent acquisition and retention results.
Cielo’s full-scale talent acquisition solution provides a positive brand experience to all candidates, while reducing the time and resources spent to acquire the top candidates. The company has realized:
- 20% improvement in interview-to-offer ratio
- Reduced time-to-fill by 5 days
- Increased quality of hire
- Drastically reduced travel costs associated with hiring