To support its rapid growth across the globe, a global Life Sciences organization with facilities in 75 countries that employs more than 24,000 employees needed support attracting and retaining a wide range of talent, including experts in Research and Development, Manufacturing, Marketing, IT and members of Senior Management.
As in each of these areas the demand for top-quality talent outstrips supply, the company recognized the need to access external, strategic recruitment support. Following a comprehensive evaluation of Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) providers, the firm chose Cielo.
After conducting an in-depth audit of the company's talent sourcing capacity, Cielo recommended and implemented a hybrid recruitment approach. This strategy incorporated the Life Science leader's internal, full-time recruiters in addition to an embedded team of full-time Cielo recruiters operating out of the U.S. and UK. To ensure optimal use of resources and activate the strengths of this new team, hiring was segmented in the following ways:
- Roles for which there was an extensive pool of active, qualified candidates, both locally and globally, are handled by the company's in-house recruiters, with support from Cielo to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Roles for which there was a relatively small pool of qualified candidates, either locally or globally, are handled by the dedicated talent acquisition team provided by Cielo.
- Particularly hard to fill and senior roles for which candidates were in short supply and largely passive are handled by Cielo as well.
This rigorous segmentation of roles across the company’s worldwide operations enables talent acquisition leadership to deploy resources in the most effective and impactful manner, substantially reducing time-to-hire and dependence on agencies, as well as maximizing direct hiring opportunities.
The partnership has expanded beyond the scope of traditional RPO relationships, as Cielo’s executive search capabilities enable the company to fill senior, business-critical roles by identifying and accessing the best talent not just on a domestic level, but worldwide. In addition:
- Reduced overall costs for the firm by more than 30%
- Improved candidate experience and satisfaction
- Increased employer branding effectiveness
A recruiting partnership built on a shared vision for change can transform your talent acquisition and improve results. Connect with us to discuss how to get started.